Monday, April 21, 2008

Junior Prom for Kenzie






Last weekend was our first experience at the McDonald household, with Junior Prom. Kenzie went with a very cute boy named Zach Gardner. We have known the Gardner family for years. Mark even grew up with Zach's mom Shelly. We were very excited that he had asked Kenz to go with him. For a girl, other than being asked, the most important part of Prom, is what she will wear. Kenz and I looked and looked and didn't find much that we loved. One day last week, I got off work early and decided to take Kenz to LA in search of the perfect dress. (Gotta love those flight benefits!) We had a whopping four hours to find the dress. We flew into Burbank and headed right for Beverly Hills. All Kenz could say was "why don't we live here?" Let's just say she was in heaven. We looked in some ridiculous stores like Chanel, Juicy, Tiffany's, Ferragamo, Fendi and Donald J PLiner. I must say I was a little more concerned with finding Sprinkles, the cupcake store, in the beginning. Once I had conquered that I could focus on the main task. We ended up at Saks Fifth Avenue, and were determined to find something. After searching and only purchasing perfume, I found it. There was one lone dress on the rack. It was Kenzies size and the color she wanted. I grabbed and took it to her in the dressing room. She put it on and fell in love with it. We had done it, we found her "perfect dress!" She looked very pretty and had a great evening with Zach. A group of the girls came over and got ready together. They all met for a brief minute at Sam's house to take photos together, then dispersed to their own homes to be picked up. It was a great evening for Kenz. Thanks Zach for a great night!!

4 comments:

Haley said...

where are the pictures. i need to see kenz and zach!!! i can't believe shes old enough to go on a date!!!!!!!!!!scary!!!!

Anonymous said...

She looked so beautiful and the dress really was perfect for her!!!

Katie

Anonymous said...

What a fun experience, the whole thing! I want to see a pic of the boy! The dress was great, what a great bonding experience for you and your "baby"! :-) I do miss little Kenz though, do you think she'd play duck duck goose with me, just for old times sake?

Love you guys,
Kris

Haley said...

Finally pictures!!!!!!! Wow... I can't believe how much Zach looks like Shelly!!!!